Provided by: Kaitlin Justice
After the legalization of cannabis in the US in 2018, many cannabis-related products have engulfed the market. Recently, with more research and development, a variety of marijuana strains are available in the market meant for varying purposes.
Strains are known as varieties of marijuana plants with characteristics that don’t necessarily fit into one of the three common types. To single out the perfect product, one must first know what kinds of marijuana are available and what they do.
What is the definition of Marijuana Strains?
When you hear the word marijuana, the types that come into mind are Indica, Sativa, and hybrid. These three types are perhaps the most common types of cannabis that everyone knows.
All three of these have different effects on the user and help with varying problems. While Indica is more relaxing and creates a calming effect on the user, Sativa is the opposite and helps energize the user. Hybrid generally has both Indica and Sativa properties, as indicated by its name.
However, apart from these three broad categories, various types of marijuana do not fit into these. Many samples do not meet all characteristics of any of the three main categories. These are called marijuana strains that are not compliant with one specific subdivision and may have different properties.
Another thing to note is that both also have varying amounts of CBD and THC, two components found in cannabis. THC is a mind-altering substance that leads to a ‘high’ effect on the user. CBD does not have such an effect on the user but has all the medicinal qualities. Regardless of that, marijuana has been one of the most used drugs in the United States.
Why and how are they used?
As mentioned above, these strains serve different purposes. Some of the most common uses include pain reduction, anxiety alleviation, sleep regulation, etc. The implications of marijuana products are limitless as research continues on such products. Interestingly, some scientists have even discovered the potential use of marijuana in treating cancer.
An article about the patterns of medicinal cannabis use highlighted that the most common use of cannabis products is to help with chronic pain. Both THC and CBD, present in marijuana, have helped in pain alleviation, making cannabis products a fit replacement for traditional headache and migraine medicines.
The first use of marijuana was surprisingly not by the hippies in the 20th century, but by Chinese people far back. Marijuana fulfilled different purposes then, sometimes even as a medicine, and its use has evolved since then. You can find cannabis products in various forms on the market. Products ranging from cannabis flower, joints, vape pens, oils, gummies, ointments, etc., are available. The choice depends majorly on the use of the product, and there is something for everyone.
What are some marijuana strains?
There is an array of these marijuana strains, and more research and development will come with time. However, some strains are well known for their specific uses. Here are some of them:
- Charlotte’s Web– One of the most commonly known cannabis varieties, Charlotte’s Web is a medicinal compound high in CBD and low THC from the marijuana family. It includes less than 0.3% of THC, which is why users do not experience a ‘high’ after consuming the product. It is one of the first strains that helped with medical conditions and displayed visible results.
An epileptic patient Charlotte Figi, who experienced severe epileptic seizures, is who the strain is named after. After her mother got her marijuana oil, her condition improved significantly. This story drew the attention of the people and government to the medicinal property cannabis holds. Many people still credit Charlotte’s Web as an essential contributor to cannabis legalization in the States.
- Acapulco Gold– It is one of the most popular energizing varieties of marijuana. Acapulco Gold is ideal for medicinal and regular purposes. It has shown potential in the treatment of pain, anxiety, etc. It has an energizing effect on the user, improving their mood and inducing euphoria.
It originates from the Acapulco region in Mexico and has attracted users for a long time. The unique color of the plant distinguishes it from the others, and similar to its toffee-like color, it has a toffee-like smell.
- Blue Dream– Unlike Acapulco Gold, Blue Dream is a relaxing and calming cannabis/marijuana type. However, this also has pain-relieving properties and reduces anxiety in the users.
Its most common application is to achieve a relaxed state of mind and body. Its origins are unclear, but the substance remains one of the top contenders in relaxing cannabis types.
- White Widow– Though not as popularly known as the above types, White Widow is an ideal pain-relieving variety of marijuana. The origin of White Widow is from two varieties of cannabis from Brazil and Southern India, developed in Amsterdam.
It has high THC content, leading to a long-lasting ‘high’ on the users. It is also helpful with pain alleviation and related problems.
- Northern Lights– Another commonly used and widely known cannabis/marijuana strain, Northern Lights is the perfect sleep-regulating strain with other benefits. It was developed in the late 1900s and has since helped various users regulate their sleep cycle and fight insomnia.
The strain has a very relaxing effect on the user, which puts them into a calm state of mind and makes them sleepy. People who suffer from insomnia or sleeplessness often use this to induce sleep and help them relax. It is one of the most popular Indica strains on the market.
Why are marijuana products ideal for you?
One must wonder why they need to choose cannabis products over the medication already being manufactured for similar uses. The answer is that marijuana products are naturally derived and less processed than ordinary medicines.
The WHO has already written about the commendable safety profile of CBD, and much research is going on to prove that cannabis products can effectively replace harmful painkillers and other drugs in the market.
With much development related to marijuana and thousands of products present in the market, it is necessary to know what strains are and how they work. With the help of some research, you can know which strain suits your purpose the best and will help.
Since these strains have such distinct qualities, you can find out a marijuana strain that fits your needs for an ideal experience.
The post The Complete Guide to Marijuana Strains appeared first on Cannabis Industry Lawyer – Business Attorneys for Licensed Marijuana.